- All Link Types
- Twitter (0)
- YouTube (0)
- Social Links (0)
- No Social Links (16)
- Any Source
- Associated Press (2)
- Fast Company, David D. Burstein (2)
- Miller-McCune, Tom Jacobs (2)
- U.S. News and World Report, Danielle Kurtzleben (2)
- Associated Press, Hope Yen (1)
- Boston Globe (1)
- CNN, Jamie Gumbrecht (1)
- Centers for Disease Control (1)
- Chronicle of Social Change, Daniel Heimpel, John Kelly, Anna Jacobi (1)
- Knoxville News Sentinel (1)
- Motherlode, The New York Times, Judy Bolton-Fasman (1)
- NPR, Youth Radio, Chantell Williams (1)
- New York Times, Julie Dressner and Edwin Martinez (1)
- Salon.com (1)
- Sioux City Journal, Editorial Board (1)
- The Guardian, Karen McVeigh (1)
- USA Today, Larry Copeland (1)
- WFXT-TV 25(Dedham, Mass.), Mike Beaudet (1)
- YCteen, Margaret Heftler (1)
- Youth Radio, Huffington Post, Robyn Gee (1)
- Any Date Added
- Last 6 Hours (0)
- Last 12 Hours (0)
- Last 24 Hours (0)
- Past Week (0)
- Past Month (2)
- RSS | JSON | XML
Julie Drizin said: Teenage girls say that older men make lewd comments and gestures to them all the time. The incidents are rarely reported to police.
Julie Drizin said: They go to school together, and play on the same sports teams, but some southern towns still hold separate proms for white and black students. In Wilcox County, some young people said it was time for a change.
Julie Drizin said: Most parents believe their children have healthy eating habits, but kids themselves admit that chips and candy are a major food groups.
Julie Drizin said: February is Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that 10 percent of teens experience violence from a dating partner.
Julie Drizin said: Tyquan Brehon of Brooklyn recounts the impact of being stopped by police more than 60 times during his teenage years.
Julie Drizin said: Nearly half of teenagers who want summer jobs in the U.S. are unemployed or underemployed, a situation one economist calls a "labor market depression for teens."
Julie Drizin said: Administrators at California's Richmond High are exercising greater flexibility and creativity in dealing with disciplinary issues, including the use of a peer court.
Julie Drizin said: The auto club AAA calls Memorial Day to Labor Day the "100 Deadliest Days" for teen drivers. Experts say speeding and distractions are more of a threat than drunk driving.
Julie Drizin said: Teenage girls are petitioning a popular U.S. magazine to publish authentic images instead of pictures of young women photoshopped to look thinner and have unblemished skin.
Julie Drizin said: California lawmakers have raised the age youth leave the foster care system. But due to budget woes, this change will be phased in over time, meaning that older teens will fall through the safety net.